Sunday 19 October 2014

*POEM POST* - "Lost in my Head (with The Negative Fuck)"





Twitter-twatter's chitter-chatter
Sometimes leaves me feeling flattened
Under a tumult of
Ponderous turds;
The neurotics, psychotics and
The poets in turn
Are all having a go at 
Expressing the souls 
And I do what I do, 
As and when I feel bold.
But all their saccharine verses 
Congeal in the ear 
Their sad hearts seem filled 
With black honey, not tears. 

But I'm tongue-tired and cynical, 
Long in the tooth
Through negligent dental care
Stoned in my youth. 
Bitter and jealous, 
Always pointing the finger
Dark forces arise, and 
They don't so much linger
As waltz into my head 
Like an old family friend,
Availing themselves of 
The Master Suite bed:
The wine in my cellar,
My slippers.
The lot.
And then fuck off home suddenly
For a wallet forgot.

It's puzzling and weird when I read back my verse
Malevolent scrawls as if under a curse
For who's spell I so 
Fervently wish I could break;
Like a fairy princess from a coma awake
And walk up to the door
Welcome in different guests:
An inner robustness and 
Smile that attests
To a new resolution
To escale Eency's Spout
And whatever the weather 
Feel loved from without

I've been to a place
Of a stillness so kind 
And I know alone 
How it feels in my mind
So although it's not always how I wish it could be 
I forget that the secondary suffering is ME
Simply heaping it on with industrial machines
Getting lost in my head of critique and dark dreams.

At times my mind's rent a 
surreal and sad space 
And in spite of the blockers and levellers I take,
I still lock myself in 
to be sure, to be safe...
That I cannot harm others or 
fuck up their lives.
I recall Robin Williams alone. 
And I cry...

It's too easy you see
To get angry at dreams and 
The vain prophesy
I espoused as a teen, 
But flat-out on the canvas
With the count going up
I still know I'll gain not
From The Negative Fuck
Who at times grabs 
The Cat-o-Nine, 
Salt and the limes
And splashes and slashes 
This raw brain of mine... 
"Who took life for granted
And pissed on his luck?
This is what you deserve!"
Fuck The Negative Fuck!

So I'll put down the trowel,
Stop piling pain on, 
(As there no coming last 
In the race left un-run)
Stagger back to my feet
Stumble into the Sun
Because whatever the weft 
Of this life that you've spun,
If your reading this now
It could be so much worse,
And whether by Heaven or 
Starlight on Earth
Your death can't be stopped
Any more than your birth:

So perhaps shrug and smile,
Have a wank?





©The Dharma-Farmer 
Oct 19th 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment